You can listen to this podcast episode on iTunes or Spotify.
My new friend, Yeiter, wrote a book call Lessons In Listening and it challenges the popular behaviour modification approaches to supporting people with behaviours that are labelled as difficult.
In addition to his listening skills, ability to empathize and connect with others who are often villainized and ostracized, Yeiter is a lovely storyteller.
In this episode of the podcast, Yeiter tells the story of Michelle. Yeiter’s first job was to put Michelle in an isolation room – until he figured out that connecting with her worked better than forcing her into seclusion.
Yeiter goes on to tell other stories of connection and support that are troubling, heartwarming and deep lessons for all of us on the power of listening deeply.
Thanks for Listening!
Resources & Links Mentioned:
- Download Lessons In Listening for free here. Thanks Yeiter and Inclusion Press for making this available to everyone!
- Join the bookclub starting June 22nd, 2022
To get an email about new podcasts
so that you never miss an episode sign up here.
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask me a question by email.
- Share this show on Facebook.
- Talk about this show in your Instagram Stories.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Yeiter for joining me this week. Until next time!